Submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative and Leasing Talent
Renters Guide (per diem commission based)
Job Description and Duties
Position: Showing Agent
Skill: Entry Level
Employee Type: Independent Contractor/1099
The Showing Agent shall:
- Be responsible for executing tasks as assigned to him/her by the PropertyWize executive management team or by the PropertyWize Property Manager with whom the Showing Agent has been assigned to work.
- Communicate with the Office and his/her immediate supervisor regarding daily tasks and keep the PropertyWize online Calendar updated at all times with status of assigned tasks as they change throughout the day.
- Promptly attend all scheduled showings and/or meetings.
- Secure any properties after showing by verifying all doors and windows are locked, alarms systems are set (if applicable), thermostats are set appropriately (without alternative instructions from supervisor, in cold weather, set on heat at 62 degrees; in hot weather, set on a/c at 76 degrees), and making sure the keys are back in the lockbox and the lockbox code has been scrambled.
- Present him/herself in a professional manner, maintain the high standards of the PropertyWize brand, and support the fiduciary responsibility that PropertyWize has with its clients.
- Business casual attire is appropriate when meeting clients, tenants, or prospective tenants
- Do not discuss sensitive topics with clients, tenants, or prospective tenants, unless the topics are relevant to the rental property or the business function of PropertyWize
- Personal information about clients, tenants, prospective tenants, PropertyWize employees or business associates is confidential and must not be revealed or conveyed to anyone outside PropertyWize without written authorization from the PropertyWize executive management team.
Showing Agent Job Description and Functions:
- Part-time, commission-based
- Work with tenant prospects to view properties as scheduled by the office.
- Provide timely updates to the Leasing Manager regarding showings and prospect feedback.
- Perform and Document Tenant Move-In’s and Move-Out’s.
- Serve Eviction On Demand Notices.
- Attend Rental License Inspections and Housing Authority Inspections.
- Perform Interior and Exterior Property Inspections as requested.
- Minimum HS education required; some college preferred.
- Two years working experience in a similar position preferred, but not required.
- Realtor license preferred, but not required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Must have knowledge & understanding of basic technology, and be able to use internet & various computer programs.
- Keep an organized daily timesheet and all material receipts.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience Requirements and Preferences:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Must successfully complete the Fair Housing Training prior to the start date with a score of 85% or better.
- For the purpose of showing agent compensation, "Tenant Move-In" shall be defined as a new tenant who has signed a lease, paid all initial deposits required, and paid one month's rent prior to taking possession of the property.
- If there is only one showing agent for a specific property, the agent receives $150.00 as paid commission after Tenant Move-In for the property.
- If multiple showing agents show the same property, but only one showing agent showed the property to the prospective tenant who signs the lease, the agent who showed to the lessee receives $150.00 after Tenant Move-In for the property.
- If multiple showing agents show the same property, and multiple showing agents showed the property to the prospective tenant who signs the lease, the commission is split between them. The first agent will receive $100.00 and the second agent will receive $50.00, both to be paid after Tenant Move-In for the property.
- Section 8 Inspection stand in- To be present and stand in for any Housing or Section 8 Inspection the agent will receive $50.00.
- Move In Orientation/Inspection- The agent will be paid a base of $40.00 to welcome the new tenant to the property, take quality photos with the new tenant and to document the move in conditions of the property. The agent must also show the tenant where to find major items in the home like the main water valve, gas shut off valve, breaker box, and HVAC filter. Once the inspection is complete and the potential tenant submits a survey the agent can have the opportunity to earn up to an additional $35.00 for providing excellent service, based on the answers in the survey.
- Posting Eviction Notices- The agent can earn $20.00 for posting any Eviction notices with pictures.
- Move Out Inspection- The agent can earn $50.00 for the completion of any move out inspections, that are thoroughly documented with sufficient photos (both distant, for context, and close-up, for details).
Additional Ways to Earn Compensation
- A minimum 8 Professional photos with PropertyWize water mark- $30.00 per property
- Activate listing on all PropertyWize.com and all external syndicated sites (Zillow, go-section and craigslist)- $75.00 per property
- Install PropertyWize marketing yard Sign- $15.00
- Complete Home Visits for applicants (anyone who credit is below 700) using the HappyInspector App- $25.00
- Take RFTA to Section 8 and receive a Receipt- $25.00
- Complete Lease Signing with Tenant at Section 8- $100.00
- Potential Earning per Move In- Market Rate Tenant- $495.00 Section 8 Tenant- $545.00
Interested, please submit your resume to PropertyWizecareers@gmail.com
Service Technician (Full time)
Job Description and Duties
Title: Maintenance Technician
Dept: Property Management
Reports to: Facilities Manager/ Property Manager
Reporting Location: PropertyWize Properties (locations as assigned)
Effective: November 1st, 2017
PROPERTYWIZE honors and encourages diversity. We value employees who contribute to our organization, which embraces a variety of thinking and perspectives .
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
JOB BRIEF: The MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of PropertyWize properties at all times. This involves insuring a clean and well maintained living environment for residents, visitors and staff. It is the MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN'S duty to anticipate, identify and correct any and all problems involving the property and to implement procedures that will prevent such problems.
An effective program of maintenance is essential in order to:
- Maintain a clean and well-maintained environment.
- Cultivate resident satisfaction.
- Protect the investment of the apartment property owner.
General Position Summary:
Perform carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and general repair and maintenance tasks to maintain properties in good condition. Diagnoses and performs daily basis, minor and routine maintenance/repair involving the following:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Ceiling fans
- Gas fixtures and appliances (where applicable)
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Boiler, gas and electric
- Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks
- Controlled access systems (where applicable)
- Ceiling leaks
- Pool areas, tile, jacuzzi, pool furniture (where applicable)
- Ensures that all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Reports all major repairs and requisitions to manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Possesses knowledge of budget and budget compliance.
- Changes locks and make ready keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vise versa) as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to dumpster when necessary. Use a dolly or back support belt.
- Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Identifies all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts and prepares maps indicating same.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Performs any additional duties by manager or assigned property supervisor.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Complete maintenance and repair projects as assigned.
Provide work direction to temporary maintenance staff, volunteers, and community service workers. Perform unit turnover preparation repair and maintenance.
Maintain lawns and landscaping, where applicable.
Maintain complete records of maintenance, mileage, costs and repairs.
Report unsafe or hazardous conditions to staff. Respond to emergency situations and takes appropriate action.
Conduct property inspections
Contact tenants for scheduling repairs.
Required to be “On-Call”, per established guidelines Maintain work area in clean and professional manner.
Operate from established and well-known procedures. Decisions are made within established organization guidelines. Performs duties independently, but guidance and direction are provided by supervisor. Position involves a moderate to higher degree of complexity in dealing with recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm. Work is reviewed by Facilities Manager or Property Manager. Errors may result in improperly or uncompleted repair or maintenance, excessive expenses, and affect building integrity.
Position is supervisory to the extent that work direction and assistance may be provided to temporary laborers, volunteers and community service workers.
Majority of contacts are internal and involve department staff, supervisor and residents. Contacts are normally made at request of supervisor, and often concern confidential or sensitive matters. Majority of contacts occur face-to-face, but also frequent contact with tenants by phone or written notice. PROPERTYWIZE employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing PROPERTYWIZE business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity and abusive language are specifically forbidden.
Specific Job Skills:
Strong working knowledge of maintenance techniques and use a variety of hand and power effectively with all types of people. Knowledge of building codes and basic landlord/tenant and fair housing laws. Ability to speak read and write English. Basic math skills. Must have a vehicle with insurance, valid driver’s license and basic hand tools: See list at end of job description.
Education and/or Experience:
Sufficient experience to provide strong working knowledge of maintenance and repair practices and techniques and a minimum of 3 years of equivalent level experience, preferably in similar setting.
Requires use of a variety of hand and power tools, chemicals and paints. Requires periods of walking, standing, stooping, working in confined spaces or heights, and lifting or moving object weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis; 100 pounds on an irregular basis. Regular attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the supervisor.
- Must be able to work an On-Call Schedule where work weeks could run anywhere from 8hrs to 50hrs per week depending on the work order volume. (High Volume could lead to a full-time role and/or Advancement)
- Must have the ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Polite with experience working in a residential community
- Team player
- Reliable transportation
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be on-call as needed <3>Hours & Commitment3>
- 4” tape knife
- 12” tape knife
- Mud tray
- Drywall saw
- Pole sander
- Wire stripper/cutter
- Simple electrical tester/meter
- Side cutting pliers
- 7.25” Skil saw
- Heavy duty 3/8” cordless drill (9volts)
- Assortment of drill bits (wood/metal/masonry)
- Assorted pliers Utility knife
- Adjustable wrench
- 3/8 “ socket set (1/4 to 3⁄4”)
- End wrench set (1/4 to 3⁄4”)
- Pry bar
- Framing/finish hammers
- Framing square
- Extension cords
- Parts container for items such as nails/screws/and other small items
- 2.5” tapered brush
- 4” Brush Poles for rollers
- Hangers for rollers
- Initial set of roller covers
- Initial assortment of sandpaper Scraper
- 12” pipe wrench
- Valve seat wrench Channel Lock pliers
The Maintenance Technician will be on the On-call Rotation for all sites within 20 miles from the Main Sit Office, which means responding to emergency calls for a 7-day period, including nights and weekends.
Work hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with an unpaid, flexible hour for lunch. Additional time may be required to handle work which extends past the hours mentioned, or to respond to emergency calls.
PROPERTYWIZE Maintenance Employee Required Tool List
General Hand Tools: